We are pleased to announce that DESMAN and DKS Associates will be providing a Parking Management Strategy for Pierce Transit’s 2,400 parking space Tacoma Dome Station Garage in Tacoma, WA. The east and west parking structures provide parking for a combination of transit patrons, UW-Tacoma students, and downtown Tacoma employees, as well as special event parking on evenings and weekends. Work on the project will begin tomorrow and the study is expected to be completed by the end of December.
Some of the key issues to be addressed as part of the study include:
- Feasibility of pay parking in the garage
- Potential free or discounted parking for transit users
- Whether or not to restrict garage access
- Compatibility of ORCA transit card with parking control equipment
- Method or methods of collecting parking revenue
The project team includes Greg Shumate (OH), Principal-In-Charge; Scot Martin (CO), Project Manager; Jerry Salzman (IL), Senior Planner; Eric Haggett (IL), Analytical and Planning; along with DKS’s Paula Okenieff and Chris Long, Parking Technologies.