Washington, D.C. Hiring Mid Level Architect
We are currently seeking an Architect in our Washington, D.C. regional office with design experience to serve as a project architect on various building projects. This is a career growth opportunity leading to a Project Management position with all responsibilities assigned thereto. The successful candidate shall have the following responsibilities:
- • Assist in the development of project program elements and the presentation of alternative building layouts that respond to those elements maximizing available space and responding to Client input.
- • Understanding of the selected structural frame and development of alternative building façade systems to complement that frame.
- • Coordinate required engineering systems and communicate with sub-consultants.
- • Coordinate and edit building finishes sections of the project specifications.
- • Take on responsibility for all drawings production activities on the assigned project including but not limited to assumptions, pertinent Code provisions, analysis, design, drafting, specifications, construction administration, etc. with minimal supervision.
- • Meet with clients, contractors, vendors and agencies and develop strong professional relationships.
- • Maintain existing document quality and develop new ways of improving quality of documents as well as quality of constructed product.
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited four-year college or university.
- • Minimum of three (3) years of experience as an architect with demonstrated career progression required through establishment of an NCARB record required. Registered Architect in the States of Virginia or Maryland preferred.
- • Working knowledge of building codes, particularly IBC and local building codes in Virginia, Maryland and DC. Demonstrated working knowledge of building façade materials and details.
- • Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- • Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- • Proficiency in the use of Revit and AutoCAD. Working knowledge of rendering programs.
- • Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Interested parties should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other positions we're looking to immediately fill include:
New York is Hiring a Mid Level Architect
Boston, MA is hiring Structural Engineer
Hartford, CT is hiring Structural/Restoration Engineer
DESMAN General job listing can be found here.