Features: 630-car parking garage 17,000 square feet of retail space on the first level. The project will be an 8 story, poured in place concrete structure, with vision and spandrel glass, stone and storefront exterior extending 20 feet above the ground.
Description: Located in Chicago’s Historic Loop, The Government Center Self Park is situated on what was the site of Chicago’s very first City Hall in 1837. The site, located on the southeast corner of Clark and Lake Streets, presented a constrained urban condition that included an existing subway below. The eight story facility has parking for approximately 630 vehicles and 17,000 square feet of retail space on the ground level - all on a footprint of only 32,250 square feet. The site complexities and strict City Planning requirements led to such features as lower level parking accessed via a tunnel under Lake Street, office-like glass facades, provisions for a future 10-story air-rights hotel tower a landscaped green roof. A grand corridor through the Ground Level will extend an existing pedway from Randolph Street to Lake Street thereby providing interconnections to the Goodman Theatre, Chicago Title and Trust Building and all major office and governmental buildings through the city’s Pedway system. The architectural design and functional solution provides a convenient mixed-use hub which facilitates interplay between adjacent theatre, government and business districts as well as the diverse architectural context of the area.
The Government Center Self-Park
Friedman Properties & APCOA/Standard Parking